Effective: January 18, 2018
Welcome to the OpenAP Platform, an online platform intended to facilitate standardized data segmentation for the purpose of targeted advertising on television networks and potentially additional media platforms (the “Platform”).
OpenAP LLC (“OpenAP”) was founded by Fox Entertainment Group, LLC, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., and Viacom International Inc. (the “Founding Members”). Other entities may join the platform in the future (collectively with the Founding Members, the “OpenAP Consortium”). Each member of the OpenAP Consortium is referred to as a “Publisher.” OpenAP engaged Accenture LLP (“Accenture”) to develop, maintain and administer the Platform.
The Platform is for use only by an employee, contractor or consultant of a permitted advertising agency, advertiser or Publisher, who has been issued a unique user name and an initial password by OpenAP (each, an “Authorized User”).
Information You Provide to Us
Accenture, on behalf of OpenAP, collects the information you provide in your use of the Platform. All Authorized Users must provide certain information including name, email address, and company to use the Platform. As an Authorized User, you may upload or input onto the platform certain information and data, including information from third parties, to the Platform.
Information related to one Publisher’s activity on the Platform will not be shared with or accessed by any other Publisher absent the first Publisher’s active permissioning, such as in segment sharing.
How We Use Information Collected on the Platform
- To Create the Outputs you Request. Authorized Users may use the Platform to upload data and create various different outputs, reports, or information. Accenture, on behalf of OpenAP, uses this data to generate the requested outputs.
- To Provide and Manage the Products and Services You Request. This includes, for example, enabling you to participate in features provided by the Platform and to maintain and administer the Platform.
- To Contact You. We may contact you regarding site maintenance or other developments that may affect your experience with the Platform.
- To Better Understand Our Users and Improve Our Services. In the course of providing content you request on the Platform, we or our service providers may collect information and analyze that data to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our products and services.
- To Protect the Services and Rights of Users and Others. We may use your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of OpenAP, the OpenAP Consortium and its members, employees or agents, and other users.
- Otherwise With Your Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
How We Share Information Collected on the Platform
- With Parties You Have Designated. An Authorized User of the Platform may create a Segment (defined below), and may appoint one or more Authorized Users as additional editors of the Segment or share a Segment with Publishers or other permissible recipients. In these cases, we may share the Segment with the parties an Authorized User has designated. The decision to share a Segment, once made by you, is irrevocable. “Segment” is defined as a group composed of consumers or households who may respond similarly to marketing strategies and who share traits such as similar demographics, interests, demand characteristics or locations.
- Service Providers. We may share information with vendors who provide services on our behalf or vendors who provide services or information to you via the Platform, such as companies that host the content of the Platform, data analytics companies, third-party data providers (e.g. Nielsen, comScore and others), marketing service companies, and list managers. These service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions or to ensure their services or information are being used correctly. They are not authorized to use or disclose your information for their own purposes or for any purpose unrelated to the operation of the Platform, other than to enforce their rights, defend a claim, or as otherwise permitted pursuant to applicable law.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with business partners to provide you with services that you request.
- Others When Required or Permitted by Law. We may use and share your information in response to legal requests or process and when we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the legal rights, privacy, safety or property of OpenAP, the OpenAP Consortium, or Authorized Users; to detect, suppress or prevent fraud; and to comply with applicable law and legal requests.
- Other Parties in Connection with a Corporate Transaction. We may transfer information collected on the Platform in the event that OpenAP or the Founding Members sell or transfer all or a portion of its or their business to a third party in connection with a corporate transaction or bankruptcy.
- Aggregated Data. We may also provide aggregated and anonymized information on third parties for usage, performance analytics and development and improvement of the Platform.
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information the Site collects. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Other Important Information
International Users. The Platform is hosted in and managed from the United States. United States data protection and other relevant laws may not be the same as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States, you consent to having any information processed in the United States.
Linked Services. The Platform may link to sites operated by Publishers, data providers and unaffiliated companies, and may offer content, functionality and applications developed and maintained by the same. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of non-OpenAP Consortium members and unaffiliated companies to which the Platform may link or provide access.
Children’s Privacy. The Platform is intended to only be used by Authorized Users and is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.